Sunday, June 12, 2016

Collecting Recipes

My husband and I both lost our moms in 2014. We're left with sad hearts and many happy memories of childhood and beyond.

We find ourselves reminiscing about our mothers' recipes. We'll never again have that special potato salad, banana bread, or other specialties just how Mom lovingly made.

This started us on a quest for good recipes. We're at an age now where we have a little more time and patience for cooking and baking.

Barbecue is my husband's specialty. Ribs and pork, cooked low and slow, earns him many praises from family and friends. (Look for a post here soon about his cooking!)

My specialty is...eating. Ha!

Alas, I have never been known for my skills in the kitchen. However, I have a few dishes that I think I have perfected for my taste and my family's, at least. When I cook, it's usually baking and usually semi-homemade.

In this post I want to share some of the recipes we've collected from the internet. Enjoy!


If you love comfort food as much as I do, you'll enjoy this yummy (and easy!) apple crisp.

http://outofthegardenintothekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/01/apple-crisp-with-canned-apples.html

(I'll keep adding to this post. Please check back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment